Wednesday, May 24, 2006

the final countdown

i know i'm getting far too giddy with this blog thing. three postings in a week. but, really, how cool is this?! i feel all carrie bradshaw, expounding wisdom to my faithful gathering. though how wise i am is obviously up for comment. feel free to, at any point.

anyway, we're entering the final countdown stages. if des lynam and carol vorderman were here they would just be about to go 'biddup biddup biddily bup boo'. and so it is exactly a month to the grand leaving extravaganza party in cas. i think i've invited all the locallies but these are the details if i've not got round to telling you yet:

saturday 24 june
7.30pm
castleford civic centre, ferrybridge road, cas vegas

all are welcome, including your collective mams. if you google castleford civic centre you will get a map and directions etc. you have no excuse. please post a comment for song requests, though obviously the nolan sisters are already on the list.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

tbh, this is only the 2nd time I'm read your fabulous blog. But I'm distraught at the lack of comments!! Perhaps, as I was planning, people are waiting until you've left! But here I have found a distraction from my boredom so I'm giving you my musical requests for the party, oh yes!

Firstly, I would like "Gasolina" by Daddy Yankee (yeah, Rach, it's got to be done!)

Followed closely by "Love me, love me" by Arsenium. I mean, he represented Moldova in eurovision for goodness sake!!

Next I would like "Landslide of love" (or any other track really) by Transvision vamp

And no party could be complete without an airing of "Love shack" by the B-52s

Finally, I feel it would be appropriate to sneak in that sing-a-long-at-the-end-on-the-night track "Total eclipse of the heart" by Bonnie Tyler

I'm sure you've probably requested most of these, but I felt it my duty to ensure they were listed just in case.

On with the blogging!

Teen said...

i saw arsenium's performance at eurovision on a replay thing on the bbc website. what a lovely jumper. he went all r'n'b, which is not what we know and love about him. i hope it was only a momentary blip. the world needs a man that can sing and wink at the same time. kids, check out www.arsenium.net. it's the future. i've seen it.

i think we should have a whole belt-'em-out section to the evening involving wendy james and bonnie tyler songs. i'm guessing that this would be increasingly popular as the evening progresses.