what is it about buses that makes you hate humanity?
i mean, we're all in the same boat, needing to get from a to b and unable/unwilling to pay the exorbitant parking charges in town. we all want our own space and to get there as quickly as possible. and yet i still find myself unable to empathise with my fellow travellers. no, i don't want you to sit next to me with your arse the size of a small country (neil hannon, 1998). i don't want to know about your 'eventful' evening last night when it took three hours to get home so that you had to get the bramley bus and get your dad to pick you up from the cross roads and then you only arrived as they were going out... it's really not interesting. honest. shut up.
i don't consider myself a violent person but, frankly, days and weeks and months of constant mental battle with fellow public transport users ('don't sit next to me, don't sit next to me') had me planning the total annihilation of the human race.
and so one sunny afternoon, rach and i sat down on the back doorstep to bemoan our collective fates. where had it all gone wrong? we had been promised so much more. she smoked a fag. i smoked it vicariously. there had to be something better than trying to avoid the temptation to commit mass murder every day.
and there we struck upon a plan. why not give up employment, sell everything we own, and then see if we can blow it all in a year.
marvellous.
Friday, May 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
We do hope you enjoy your trip but be careful of public transport in another country!
Wish you the very best!
Debbie x
Can I take the time to say I feel your public transport pain, I get that bus everyday, twice a day! lol
Given half the chance I would do exactly what you are going to do. Enjoy it and be assured I will be a regular reader if not only to post sarky comments hiding my utter jealousy badly! Seriously though have an amazing time and post lots of pictures, esp of any fit foreign men lol
Zara x
Hi Teen!
Wowsers, check you out with your 'Blog.' You big old 'blogster' you. You 'Crazy Blog.' At least you are taking your stink elsewhere. Laters. Pxxxx
i think i blame C Lawton and Robert 'febreeze the ka' more myself. Definitely went wrong from there.
Can I come too?1
Ooooh, how exciting!!! Congratulations on becoming a cyber-geek, erm, I mean, blogger! Anyhoo, 'tis a fab and funky idea and I shall be checking it regularly, so make sure you keep me entertained!!Roll-on party time!!!
Blimey. El Sowden becomes El Blogger. Stone the bleedin crows.
I also blogged on a recent trip, but found it had to be extremely well-edited as i'd made the strategic error of telling my parents about it.
Does everybody dance in Australia as well? I'm looking forward to finding out.
If I had to spend every day doing battle with the folk the size of Robert/Febreeze (nice one margey!)I would have taken far more drastic action. Think you're being positively restrained, considering...Hope you have a smashing thelma&louise style time dahling, will enjoy being kept up-to-date with your adventures.
Lol, Moons PS-What's a Blog?
Finally found you! Brad is out so have taken advantage and hi-jacked the laptop. Have lots of fun and "interesting" times that you can look back upon and laugh - but don't forget to come home. I have a wedding that needs planning next summer...
Love you lots, R Kate xxx
Post a Comment