Tuesday, March 27, 2007

another home

so this is my new home. it's not in the most swanky of areas - it's by the railway track but it does mean it's about a three minute walk to the station, which is bluddy marvellous. it's also like fort knox, with two locks on the door and then a lock on the grille aswell. no bugger is breaking in here.

the address is:

106 railway place
west melbourne
VIC 3003
australia

for anyone who wishes to send me a postcard from the uk (or wherever you happen to be). that would be quite exciting. i could stick them up at work or on the fridge like a normal person. i'm quite into being a normal person at the moment.


thought i'd include a couple of other pics, seeing as i've been going on and on about my room and watching telly and everything. here is a pic of said telly. the sofa is incredibly comfortable and only a couple of metres from the kitchen (where all the light is). this is handy when in need of a cup of tea or a glass of wine. behind the sofa is the 'dining area' where we have a modern glass huge table thing, though, as is the modern way, this is not used and instead we eat on the sofa watching telly. the area is best used for the ironing board when ironing. there are also patio doors to the backyard, giving the room plenty of light. lovely.

and this is my lovely lovely room. as you can see, the furniture is quite sparse but this only gives me more room to dance about and exclaim how all this is mine, mine. quite a strange thing happened to me last night in the lovely lovely bed. i actually got lost in it. i vaguely woke up and, presumably because i've been used to bunkbeds, i actually started mildly panicking because i didn't know where 'up' was. i can remember feeling along the side of the bed to try and work out where all the pillows and therefore my head should be. i don't know why i was so worried. must be my overworked head. but it was a panic at the time. must work harder at this double bed lark. clearly it can be bad to have too much of a good thing.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you on the whole inability to function/speak thing in the morning!! It's unfortunate that my new commuting schedule means it is best for me to work 8 - 4 so I spend half the morning in a semi-catatonic state unable to do anything except lift my tea mug to drink. And you'd think I'd be getting used to it by now, but it's getting worse, not better...Chuh. Love the pics of your new home, now I can picture you getting ridiculously giddy in the correct setting!

Anonymous said...

Right! I have now got you organised on Live Local at the office, although Railway Place is quite a long road and seems to be all small businesses, am I right? Mind you, can I come and stay with you and watch the trains! Also, I have identified the theatre, I think, seems to be within walking distance from your house? But where is the agency you spend your time at through the day, is it something you can tell me so that I can walk with you to work, or (reading between the lines - the station is only three minutes walk away) do you have to catch the train? So I can see where you go to work as well as in your new home, but what about the kitchen, etc? Oh and the Burnley tunnel isn't too far away, crosses the river near Yarra Park and the Royal Botanic Gardens.

Sorry to miss your phonecall last Sunday, it was a family/parade service at church and I was called in to move the chairs and tidy up the place afterwards. But you and Mum seem to have the difference in time sewn up, she has set the clock on the radio in your old bedroom to 'Melbourne time' so we know what time it is where you are.

Your mum is just going through an attack of the cold and flu which she picked up at the weekend, probably got it off our Kate last Saturday, when we had a day with Jamie. Hope she gets better for the Easter jaunt. The travel insurance is now organised, having had a problem with the on-line booking not going through, and the company not taking your mums word on my diabetes, and them having to ring me personally to ask me questions about it. All done now though bar the travelling!
XX

Teen said...

yes, it is quite industrial where i live. i get the train to work. it was a 15 min walk from the hostel and i reckon it'd be a 30-40 min walk from the house. so i go on the city loop from north melbourne to flinders street station. the recruitment agency is on the corner of collins and elizabeth. for my other work at the theatre, i get the train to parliament and walk the block down to exhibition street. it's all v glam...

Bridget said...

oh oh - I can't wait to move into my home now so I can take photos!! Brilliant by the way.